When you find yourself unable to pass stool for some time, you can go for natural constipation treatments that do not cause any harm to your health.
constipation relief remedies at home
Natural constipation treatments at home can be various vegetable oils, herbs and other natural laxatives that do not cause any harm to your health, inlcuding dried fruits and berries, juices, dairy products, honey, porridges, and bran.
Causes of Constipation
The stable functioning of the gastrointestinal tract is affected by many factors: a sedentary lifestyle, nutrition, diseases of internal organs.
If you have a sedentary job, try to regularly warm up and drink sour milk products (such as yogurt and kefir) more often. To speed up the bowel contractions and prevent constipation, the following foods are perfect:
- cool drinks (especially good milk, natural lemonade, ice cream;
- salty meals;
- treacle, honey, lactose;
- rye bread, peas, vegetables with a high concentration of fiber (radishes, celeries, beets, pumpkins, turnips), fruits with peel, buckwheat;
- plums, bananas, currants, avocados, apricots, apples, cherries, figs, pears;
- tomatoes, sorrel, cabbage;
- White wine.
If you have constipation, you must avoid or limit the consumption of foods that lower peristalsis. You should be very careful with:
- red wine;
- hot drinks (tea, water, coffee);
- decoctions of rice and barley, jelly with starch, fresh flour products;
- products including tannin (eg. cocoa);
- meat of goose, duck, lamb, and fat pork
Natural constipation treatments at home
If you are wondering how to get rid of constipation fast at home, look for oils in your cabinets. Using certain kinds of oils is an excellent way to treat constipation naturally because that they can exert a laxative effect by lubricating the walls of the intestine and stimulating the cholagogue processes. Oils can help with the congestion of the intestine:
What is the best oil for constipation?
Vaseline for constipation
It has been suggested that eating frozen Vaseline balls 2 hours before and after meals can help with constipation (adults – 2.5 teaspoons, infants – 0.5 teaspoons, children and adolescents – 1-2 tsp).
You can also administer some Vaseline or petroleum jelly on the anus to help with constipation in toddlers and adults.
Be careful when using Vaseline as laxative in the case of: infectious diseases of the abdominal cavity, ulcer or intestinal obstruction, pregnancy.
Flaxseed oil for constipation
Flaxseed oil gently takes effect on the intestines thanks to omega-3-acids and vitamins, and helps to treat constipation. It also improves your immune system and breaks saturated fats. Flaxseed oil is a natural lubricant, which guarantees the absence of protracted constipation. You can use the following methods:
- Drink a spoon of flaxseed oil on an empty stomach in the morning and wash it down with cool water.
- Before going to bed, have 1 tablespoon of a mixture of flaxseed oil, honey and natural yogurt.
- Stir a tablespoon of flaxseed oil in chilled milk (0.5 cup). Drink before bed.
- Use flaxseed oil in your dishes. The main thing is that flaxseed oil should not be heated.
Be careful when using flaxseed oil as laxative in the case of: a disorder in the gall bladder, pregnancy, breastfeeding, pancreatic disease, taking certain medicine or oral contraceptives.
Sea-buckthorn oil as constipation relief
Sea-buckthorn oil helps with chronic and prolonged constipation. Sea-buckthorn oil has antibacterial and wound-healing properties. Having just a teaspoon of sea-buckthorn oil per day for a month is one of the best constipation treatments.
Be careful when using sea-buckthorn oil as laxative in the case of: problems with the pancreas.
Castor oil for natural constipation relief
The active substances of castor oil act on the intestinal receptors and activate the smooth muscles of the digestive tract. You can drink no longer than 3 days at a daily dose of 30 g for adults and 10 g for babies. Castor oil is unpleasant to taste, so you can have it with tea or ginger broth.
Be careful when using castor oil as laxative in the case of: pregnancy, appendicitis, adhesions of the digestive tract, hypotension, and premenstrual period of women.
Pumpkin seed oil as natural laxative
Pumpkin seed oil has no special contraindications and is even recommended to pregnant women. Drink on an empty stomach (half an hour before a meal) for 10 days.
Olive oil for constipation
If you need to quickly get rid of constipation quickly, it is advised to do cleansing enemas. Ingredients: Mix 6 teaspoons of olive oil with egg yolk and pour in warm water. Do an enema for the night and leave until the morning. The effect will be noticeable in the morning.
Olive oil is also the best vegetable oil you can eat with your food to prevent constipation.
Contraindications: complications in the gallbladder, individual intolerance.
Sunflower oil as a natural constipation treatment
It should be drunk on an empty stomach (1 tablespoon) and only one hour before lunch or dinner. Also, cooking food with sunflower oil can prevent constipation.
Natural constipation treatments based on personal experience
Here are some tips on how to get rid of constipation at home:
- At night, 2 hours after dinner, you need to do an enema. The next morning, on an empty stomach, drink a glass of cool salt water. Wait for an hour before having breakfast. If you do this for 3 days, the gastrointestinal tract will start working normally.
- On an empty stomach, eat 1-2 persimmons (can be dried or fresh). If you do this for 2 months, you can get rid of chronic constipation
- To quickly get rid of constipation, you can drink a glass of warm decoction of wild rose hips or eat 2 oranges before going to bed.
- In the morning, before breakfast, drink 2 cups of salt water (1 teaspoon salt per glass). Or eat 2 apples with peel.
- In 2 cups of water, brew 2 teaspoons of bran. After they swell, eat the gruel.
With these safe and natural constipation treatments, you can quickly normalize bowel function and forget about constipation for a long time.
Urgent constipation relief
If you periodically suffer from constipation, you can prepare a special herbal constipation remedy in advance. You can also adopt certain lifestyle changes that will help you prevent constipation.
- Eat prunes. It makes the intestines work better. To normalize the process, you need to eat it with 3-5 berries. To prevent constipation in the future, it is enough to eat 2 prunes a day.
- Quickly get rid of constipation sauerkraut juice (200 ml). If constipation symptoms do not go away, drink cabbage juice, beet juice or radish juice every 4-5 hours.
- Drink potato juice 100 ml 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals for 2 weeks.
- Grapes are great for natural constipation treatment. You can drink one glass of grape juice on an empty stomach in the morning, at lunch and in the evening.
- Before going to bed, drink 180 ml of kefir. To enhance the effect, you can add 10 grams of any vegetable oil. Drink in small sips.
- Mix cool water and a spoonful of honey in a glass. Take small sips in the morning on an empty stomach.
Whatever constipation relief method you choose, make sure it is safe and healthy according to your own body and situation.