Constipation during pregnancy is a common problem. Traditional medicine has great recommendations to relieve constipation during pregnancy at home naturally.
Half of women experience constipation during pregnancy, even those who have had good bowel movements before pregnancy. One of the causes of constipation during pregnancy is a rise in the secretion of progesterone in the body, which causes flat muscle to be loose. The intestinal muscles are also in this category, which means gastric motility is slower than before. Another cause of constipation during pregnancy is the enlargement of the volume and size of the uterus and its pressure on the intestines. This pressure, especially in the late gestation of the embryo, disrupts the ability of the body to dispose of waste material easily and causes constipation. Another cause of constipation during pregnancy may be the use of some supplements, especially those with a high iron content. In this case, you can ask your doctor to prescribe another type of supplements. All these causes, as well as the discontinuation of menstrual bleeding and the lack of proper disposal of some of the waste material from the body can impose more burden on the intestines. Of course, traditional medicine has some simple remedies to relieve constipation during pregnancy. The priority is to deal with this problem by changing your lifestyle, especially your food.
A healthy lifestyle helps relieve constipation during pregnancy
Recommendation of Traditional Medicine to relieve constipation during pregnancy
1. It is better to eat, especially at the beginning of your pregnancy, foods that are easily digested. In order to relieve constipation during pregnancy, you need to eat small amounts highly nutritious foods that can be easily digested. Meat of small birds is one of these foods.
2. To relieve constipation during pregnancy, be sure to chew your food well and with great attention to its texture and taste. Chew your food 32 times if you can. If you do not chew your food well, there will be no proper digestion, the nutrients necessary for your body will not be absorbed, the body will keep the food in the gut longer so that it can supply its ingredients, and this will result in constipation.
3. Have soup one day to relieve constipation during pregnancy. Chicken wings or small birds like quail, coriander, parsley, spinach, pumpkin, quash, turmeric, olive oil are best to make this soup. It’s best to use plum or sweet pomegranate juice to add to your soup.
4. Medicinal beer is one of the tasty and useful foods for constipation relief during pregnancy. To make it, half boiled oven pan with some water on the flame of gas and empty the floor. Then add 10 glasses of water again and let it cook with gentle heat so that the juices are flushed. After straightening and separating the juices, just drink one or three times a day, alone or with 1 tablespoon of honey. It can be used in refrigerator for up to two days.
5. Drink a mixture of water and honey with lemon or ginger. Do not forget drinking lukewarm water before breakfast. Pomegranate juice is also a great remedy to relieve constipation during pregnancy.
6. Movement, walking and moderate exercise during the day can stimulate intestinal motion and help relieve constipation during pregnancy. So avoid excessive immobility and sleep during pregnancy. Exercise and regular walking are the best ways to eliminate and prevent the accumulation of waste material in the body. Of course, provided that it is in proportion to the individual’s ability and does not endanger you.
7. Use more laxative vegetables, such as spinach, lettuce, coriander, and currants in your diet.
8. Taking a bath with warm water at least twice a week can help get rid of waste materials and relieve constipation during pregnancy.
9. Do not hold your stool and quickly feel free to empty it if you feel the need for a toilet. Keeping the stool in an inappropriate position is one of the common causes of constipation during pregnancy.
10. There are also simple herbal medicines for constipation relief during pregnancy. One of the easiest of these herbal remedies to relieve constipation during pregnancy is drinking ginger tea sweetened with honey or sugar, which should be consumed before breakfast.
It is important to consult your doctor about remedies to relieve constipation during pregnancy to make sure they are safe for you and your fetus.