Here are some secrets and advices that will help you be more energetic at work and at home.
How to stop feeling tired?
Tracking my own thoughts and feelings during a particularly difficult and demanding period of my life helped me a lot in diagnosing the reasons why I felt tired so much and in finding ways to be more energetic. There was a time when I was obliged to move from this apartment to another and then to another in a rather short period of time. During my last move I wondered: why do I get so tired every time? Why do I have no energy anymore? Why is it that after I bring things into the apartment, I just drop out of fatigue and go for a few days like a zombie? How to be more energetic? The answer that I found seemed pretty convincing: before the move, in just a few days, I started to wind myself up – like I started nagging to myself about how hard it will be, how many things will be broken, how I will carry and unbox them, how heavy they will be, and whether I will forget anything.
The solution that I found was also simple: in order to get less tired, I simply forbade myself to think about moving in detail. I stopped imagining HOW difficult it will be. As soon as such thoughts came, I immediately told myself: “Stop! Anyway, there’s no way to go, the move will take place anyway – it’s pointless to worry myself. My worries and thinking about the situation in details will not change anything – except that I spoil my nerves and get tired of it in advance. ” Of course, in my next move, I was collecting things – but I was more energetic and carefree than usual. I leaned to be more energetic and motivated by not imagining all the upcoming difficulties, but listening to pleasant music or turning on a favorite movie instead.
As a result, the next move was much easier, and – about a miracle! – easier both physically and psychologically! My conclusion: The fatigue did not result from the move itself, but from my preparatory thoughts and worries. After this story, I also thought about other situations: perhaps I can get less tired in them if I just think less about them and not frighten myself with all sorts of sad events from the lives of acquaintances and relatives?
I decided to apply this principle in other areas of life: I need not worry myself about things in advance. Even if you need to think something over – then think about the facts, not about irrational fears and anxieties. This strategy helped me to get less tired – at work and in everyday life. So if you also want to be more energetic – this is my advice number 1. And what else?
How to be more energeric at work?
- No multitasking: Complete your tasks one at a time.
- At lunch, be sure to go out for fresh air. Checking your social media and news behind the same computer monitor? This is not what you would call a rest!
- Stay away from people who are willing to constantly discuss colleagues and savor someone else’s mistakes. Unnecessary intrigue – unnecessary stress. Extra stress – stronger fatigue.
- Start freelancing and working from home. Remote work is applicable today to many professions: programming, , designing, translating, editing, etc. You may be less tired of the same work at home.
- The weekend is holy! At the weekend you need to rest. No work! Without a good rest, you will be very tired even at your favorite job.
How to be more energetic at home
- Share your chores. Let every family member know what they must do and understand that no one else will do it for them.
- Be sure to keep lists of household chores
- Learn time-management methods: for example, every day you can only clean a certain area for 15 minutes or do business for 25 minutes and then take a rest for 5 minutes. Turn your life into an exciting competition and then you will not even have time to get tired of life!